Vana | Development Log v0.2
- The planned level from last sprint has been realised and implemented in-engine.
- Section 0 | Onboarding (Melina)
- Section 1 | Telekinesis (Matteo)
- Section 2 | Enemies / Platforming (Luciano)
- Section 3 | Moving Platforms / Platforming (Rico)
- Section 4 | Ending (Melina)
- The Player Character has received the following updates...
- Updated ModelUpdated
- Updated Animations
- Double Jump
- Cube Interaction
- The User interface has been iterated upon...
- The Main menu has received an update. It still features the same buttons but looks a lot sleeker and now features simple art rather than an in-game camera and level.
- There is now a Loading screen.
- The Logo has been iterated upon, multiple times.
- The Pause menu has been iterated upon.
- The initial cutscene has been realised and implemented in-engine. This cutscene starts as soon as the Player character loads into the scene.
- The colliders on the Push and Pull platforms have been improved.
- The Partner statue has been added to the level.
- The Enemy model has received an update.
- The Enemy's projectiles can now be parried.
- The Door has been revamped.
- It functions as intended.
- It now triggers a proper camera change and fade in- and out.
- The Door and Button have now been linked.
- The Dynamic Environment System has been added.
- Fixed the game freezing after loading into the level after quitting through the Pause Menu. This required the Player to restart the game.
- Fixed the TeleCube dissapearing after being shot into the distance and not respawning.
- Fixed the Player Character not being able to glide.
- Fixed the "Play New Level" button not being able to navigate to using the Arrow Keys.
- Fixed the Player having the ability to walk during the first cutscene.
- Fixed the Player being able to walk on the geometry that resembles water behind the starting area.
- Fixed the Player being able to reach certain development content.
- Reduced the size of Section 0.
- Reduced the size of Section 4.
- Fixed the game fading to black and never returning if the Player tried to open the door leading into Section 1 at the end of Section 0.
- Fixed the Player not respawning if they fell off the map.
- Fixed the Button near the middle of the level that triggered a camera in Section 0 once hit.
- The Options Menu leads to last build's level.
- The Cutscene at the beginning of the level is unskippable.
- The Player is unable to navigate the main menu using the Arrow Keys unless the mouse cursor is hovering over either of the buttons.
- The "Credits" button is inactive.
- In the Pause Menu, under "Resolution", the resolution settings do not save, nor apply.
- In the Pause Menu, under "Audio", the audio settings do not save, nor apply.
- In the Pause Menu, under "Game", multiple actions can be set to the same input. This makes the game impossible to beat in some cases.
- In the Pause Menu, under "Game", once an action has been changed to a different input, it no longer presents the Player with the action itself. This makes it hard to tell which action the Player has changed.
- The TeleCube can be flung into the level's geometry by standing next to wall and clipping the TeleCube through the wall.
- The TeleCube can trigger triggers meant for the Player to pass through. This could detract from the experience if, for instance, a TeleCube is shot into the distance and happens to trigger a bunch of platforms the Player might not have known about.
- Some Moving Patforms teleport in the middle of their animation.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.